Aesthetics – Hints and Tips
Think about door handles, drawers, glass units or feature linking units, or any other additional features you might add to give your kitchen that stylish look.
- Get inspiration from magazines.
- Explore different colours and materials.
- Look at finishes for walls.
- Look at types for flooring.
- Take accurate measurements, and take into account where your pipes, gas, electrical supplies are.
- Make sure you know the sizes of your appliances.
- Position the sink and dishwasher close together in order to make the plumbing easier.
- Have a drawer unit close to the hob so that you easy access to any utensils.
- Read through the instructions of your appliances before you decide where to place them.
- Do not situate your cooker below any windows.
- Check which way doors and drawers open in order for them to open fully.
- Any tall units should be placed next to each other; tall units usually go at the end of a line of cupboards.
- Position cupboards so that they are easily accessible.
- It is always best to use a qualified tradesman for installation of any gas or electrical objects.
- Having an extractor fan requires access to an external wall, unless you wish to recycle.